Officially launched in February 2004, TransJakarta Busway provides access to fast, safe, comfortable and reliable public transport across Jakarta. Buses travel in dedicated lanes separated from general traffic to provide a congestion-free trip. All passengers get on and off the buses at dedicated shelters, typically located in the middle of the road connected to both sides by elevated bridges. The system is remarkably user-friendly by Jakartan standards, with automatic doors, station announcements and a LED display inside the purpose-built vehicles. For a fare of Rp 3,500, passengers can switch between routes to get to their final destination.
The busway system has been a welcome and well-used addition to the existing Jakarta transportation services. It apparently is now the favorite way of getting around the city among the locals and tourists alike. Therefore, buses can be very crowded during peak hours (weekdays from 7 to 9 am and 4 to 6 pm).
TransJakarta buses shuttle from 5 am to 10 pm in eight corridors at the moment, with seven more corridors are planned to open by 2010:
- Corridor 1: Blok M – Kota
- Corridor 2: Harmoni- Pulo Gadung
- Corridor 3: Harmoni – Kalideres
- Corridor 4: Pulo Gadung – Dukuh Atas
- Corridor 5: Kampung Melayu – Ancol
- Corridor 6: Ragunan – Dukuh Atas
- Corridor 7: Kampung Rambutan – Kampung Melayu
- Corridor 8: Harmoni CB – Lebak Bulus
- Corridor 9: Pinang Ranti – Pluit
- Corridor 10: Cililitan – Tanjung Priok
- Corridor 11: Kp Melayu – Pulo Gebang
- Corridor 12: Pluit – Tanjung Priok
- Corridor 13: Blok M – Pondok Kelapa
- Corridor 14: Manggarai – UI
- Corridor 15: Ciledug – Blok M
- Jakarta airport transfer. The reliable, safe & friendly transport to your choice of destination in Jakarta. Check out their website for details.
- Unofficial TransJakarta Route Map